At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we introduced a new Pivot Accelerator Program as part of our Entrepreneur Responsiveness Package. This 8-week program provided 10 RMMFI boot camp graduates with educational support, mentorship, and grant funding to shift their business model in order to be successful in the new economy. These entrepreneurs are resilient and innovative, and we designed this program to help reduce uncertainty and fear as they built for the future.
We asked the entrepreneurs to share details about their pivot, how they used their grant money, and what they learned through the process. Here are their stories:
Watching how these entrepreneurs have adapted makes us confident that we can rebuild a stronger, more inclusive economy. Make sure to support these and other local businesses when you shop, eat, and hire!
- Regina Edmondson – CMe Catering & Events
- Katrina Brink – The Empowered Kitchen
- Braxton Lee Belving – Braxton Crafted Luxuries
- Jessi Burg – Pears to Perennials
- Jim Dorkins – Doc Goodbeard Beard Care Products
- Jasmine Douglas – Booji Beauty Bar & Co
- Winter Clark – The Soul Call
- Pam Tanino – Wasabi Wind
- Pamela Richard – Miss Peabody’s Southern Tea Cakes
- Jean-Marc Saint Laurent – Saint313 Limited