As Colorado families struggle to create self-sufficiency, they are often stuck with options limiting their growth and potential: continued low-wage employment with little to no upward mobility; access public assistance such as food stamps, rental assistance, and childcare subsidies – which are limited, can be cut off at the slightest increase of income, and are difficult and time consuming to access; or move to another community because their neighborhood is no longer affordable.
RMMFI exists to provide another solution: income and wealth generation through business ownership.
- Microbusinesses (those with 5 or fewer employees) comprise almost 90% of the nation’s businesses and create jobs for more than 32 million people.
- An annual increase of just $5,000 in revenues per microbusiness would generate more than $20 billion for our economy.
- The median net worth of business owners is almost 2.5 x higher than non-business owners. For Black women, the difference is more than 10x. For Latino men, the difference is 5x.
- The number of women-owned businesses increased by 21% between 2014 and 2019, compared to 9% for all businesses. That growth was even higher for businesses owned by women of color, which grew at a rate of 43%.
RMMFI doesn’t just invest in businesses; we invest in people, and we do it with more than dollars. We view entrepreneurship as a system of people, businesses, and community, and our holistic approach brings these elements together to allow individuals to tap into the social and economic benefits of business ownership.
Our goal is to help entrepreneurs grow into business owners who can successfully shift and adapt to changing environments in their businesses and their lives. We know that personal foundations are essential for success, and RMMFI works with entrepreneurs to develop their personal stability, entrepreneurial spark, and business feasibility.
What sets us apart:
- Whole Entrepreneur Support: At the heart of every business is a person. It is ultimately the strength of these individuals that leads to the creation of healthy businesses and vibrant, prosperous economies. RMMFI builds genuine relationships and deep trust with entrepreneurs, then provides the individualized tools they need to activate their unique potential.
- Capital Meets Capacity: Without a purpose, capital can be destructive. RMMFI supports the journey of each entrepreneur with dedicated support including not only access to capital but also education, mentorship, technical assistance, peer accountability, and community connections.
Click here to learn more about the Idea, Launch, and Thrive phases of the RMMFI journey.