Starting a small business is anything but relaxing, and creating balance between your business personal lives might be your biggest challenge yet. But never fear: RMMFI is here to support you through every step of your journey! To help, here are 20 tips to help you relieve stress and create a healthy foundation for your business to thrive.
- Go for a walk or run outside. Some great urban options in Denver are:
- Try Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Watch a Ted Talk
- Color. Seriously.
- Set a 30 minute timer and clean and/or tidy up some area of your home / room.
- Diffuse some peppermint essential oil. Don’t have a diffuser? Head to the store and inhale the tester of peppermint essential oil. Love it? Consider investing in it and a diffuser!
- Set a 30 minute timer and write. Write:
- Something that’s on your mind
- Something from one of these prompts
- Bake something
- Read a book or an article
- Make a cup of tea and enjoy it!
- Do a brain dump for ideas or tasks you’ve got piling up in your mind
- Take a nap – or do what you need to do to get a good night’s sleep
- Pick one thing on your to-do list and work on it or knock it out
- Listen to a podcast
- Plan and cook a healthy meal for yourself
- Try a Guided Imagery exercise
- Marinate on what’s causing the stress
- Call a friend
- Take a cold shower (yes, a cold one! – unless you have a heart condition)
- “Cool off” with an ice cream
By: Marc Retana, RMMFI Intern, and Rachel Levy-Culler
As always, BLBC grads and Class #20: We Urge You Endlessly On (#WUYEO)!