What exactly does RMMFI do?
We create successful entrepreneurs who build time-tested small businesses and have been doing so since 2008. We provide a mix of flexible microloans and robust wrap-around services (business education, mentoring, and accountability) to low-income entrepreneurs, who see business ownership as a chance to earn meaningful income, and transform their lives.
How can you support RMMFI?
We invite you to join the RMMFI Community in support of entrepreneurship by making a gift to RMMFI. Together we will create success stories for our next class of Business Launch Boot Camp participants as they start on the journey to their own business dreams.
- $50 – Helps offset the cost of a tuition payment that each Boot Camper makes to participate.
- $100 – Provides one volunteer session of 1-on-1 coaching to a Boot Camper. Each entrepreneur meets weekly with a dedicated Business Coach, a Business Mentor, and a Financial Mentor.
- $250 – Contributions of $250 and over are eligible to receive a 25% Denver Enterprise Zone Tax Credit.
- $500 – Helps deliver the Launch Phase of Boot Camp for one entrepreneur – includes coaching, mentorship, business owner panels, and launch round-tables, in preparation for a successful business launch.
- $1,000 – Funds the full support for One Pillar (Marketing, Operations, Financials, Management) of the Business Launch Boot Camp for one Boot Camper.
- $2,500 – Funds a portion of Research & Development of the Post Boot Camp Program.
- $5,000 – Covers the entire programmatic cost of Business Launch Boot Camp for one entrepreneur. This classroom participation and education is critical to each one of our Boot Camper’s success. Each graduate will learn about becoming successful entrepreneur, and most importantly, absorb the necessary skills to start a thriving business.
In 8 years, RMMFI is proud to have:
• Distributed over $373,000 (161 loans) to low-income entrepreneurs, with a 95% repayment rate
• Graduated 18 classes of the Business Launch Boot Camp, with an 88% graduation rate, resulting in
the launch or expansion of 154 businesses in Denver
• Allowed over 2250 individuals to Explore Business Ownership
• RMMFI Entrepreneurs are winning Best of Westword and Denver’s A-List awards
• Certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) from the U.S. Treasury
• Won the 2016 Small Nonprofit of the Year award from the Metro Chamber of Commerce
• Received the 2011 Colorado Innovation in Philanthropy Award from Bank of the West
• Received 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, & 2016 Right on the Money Award from CUA